Lighthouse Church Core Values
1. The Word - We believe in the inerrancy, authority and relevancy of God's Word, the Bible and we purpose to apply it to every aspect of our lives. (II Tim 3:16; John 1:1; II Peter 1:20-21; Matt. 4:4; Heb. 4:12.)
2. Worship - We believe God is the only audience in Spirit-led worship and prayer. He dwells in the praises of His people. (John 4:23-24; Ex. 33:15; Matt. 6:33; Ps. 150.)
3. Mission - We believe that God's heart for the lost needs to be our heart also, whether across the street or across the ocean. (Matt. 24:14; Matt 25:35-40; Matt 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-18.)
4. Grace - We believe we cannot earn God's love, acceptance and forgiveness. Just as we've received this grace through faith in Jesus Christ, we are called to extend it to others. (Col. 3:12-14; Eph. 2:8-9; I Cor. 13; Matt. 7:1-2; Rom.8:1.)
5. Relationship - We believe God has called us to be family, enjoying Godly relationships. (I John 4:7-8; Acts 2:42-47; John 17:20-21; Ps. 133; Judges 18:28.)
6. Discipleship - We believe in a team model for ministry called to equip and empower every member. (Eph. 4:11-13; II Tim.2:1-2; Ps. 78:4-7; Deut. 6:6-9; I Cor. 12:7-11.)
7. Giving - We believe in giving regularly and generously of our time, talents and finances through the local church. (Mal. 3:10; Matt. 23:23; I Cor. 16:2; II Cor. 8:7; 9:6-8.)
Lighthouse Church Doctrinal Statement
The Word of God.
We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God.
We accept it in its entirety as the Word of God in its original manuscripts, holy, inspired, infallible, and our source of Spiritual light and truth.
It is our source of revelation of God, the knowledge of Salvation, the origin of all things, and of the hereafter.
It is the final court of Appeal on all points of doctrine, life, and Godliness (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; Hebrews 4:12-13).
We believe that the scripture of the Old and New Testament is the inspired Word of God and that the Bible in its entirety contains the entire doctrinal belief of this Society.
The Person of God.
We believe in one God, manifested as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, eternal in existence and equal in Glory, Majesty, and Power.
We believe God to be the Creator of all things and the Author of Eternal Redemption.
We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the only all sufficient Saviour. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ to be God manifest in the flesh, as the very Son of God, the Creator of all things with the Father, and as the appointed Judge of all men (Colossians 1:12-19; Acts 17:31).
We believe in the virgin birth of Christ, His vicarious death on behalf of lost humanity, His appointed burial, His bodily resurrection, His ascension on high, His High-Priestly ministry in the Heavenlies, and His physical return to the earth to receive the righteous, both living and dead, and to execute judgment upon the wicked.
We acknowledge the Holy Spirit as: the Comforter, the Divine agency of regeneration, the Revealer of Christ and His work on the Cross, and the Distributor of gifts and graces upon the Church.
The Two Ordinances. We believe that Christ observed, established, and commanded the Church to observe two ordinances:
Water Baptism by immersion in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, as a visible representation of our death, burial, and resurrection with Christ.
The Lord’s Supper, as a means of fellowship in the Spiritual Body of Christ, and to partake of the Spiritual benefits bequeathed to New Covenant believers.
The Baptism in the Holy Spirit. We believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirit, subsequent to the New Birth, with the Biblical manifestation of speaking with other tongues and the enduement with power to witness, and the accompanying gifts, graces, and fruit of the Spirit (Acts 1:8; 10:44-46; 19:1-6; 1 Corinthians 12:5-11; Galatians 5:24; Romans 5:5).
The Universal Church. We believe that every born-again believer is a member of the Body of Christ, His Church (Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 1:20-23; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:11-16).
Divine Healing. We believe that divine healing is part of God’s provision for mankind and that through the gifts of healing, the laying on of hands, the anointing with oil, or by simple faith alone, physical healing and deliverance from pain are privileges of humanity. (Mark 16:17-18; 1 Corinthians 2:9-10; 1 Peter 2:24; James 5:13-16).
Evangelism. We recognize the highest obligation of the saved is to spread the Gospel.
This may be accompanied by: Preaching the Word, praying, living according to the tenants of the Bible, and the sacrificial giving of the Saints (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20; 3:8-10; 1 Corinthians 9:7-23).
The Second Coming of Christ. We believe in the physical, personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ and the events pertinent to the following scriptures: Acts 1:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:12-14; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
The Christ-like Life. We believe that ALL Christians are called into a life of separation from sinful practices and that they should take every opportunity to promote righteousness and Godliness. We believe in the servanthood and priesthood of all believers. (James 4:4; Romans 12:1-2, 1 John 2:15-17; 2 Corinthians 6:13-18; Romans 13:1-10).
The Laying on of Hands. We believe that the Laying on of Hands as practised in the New Testament is an operation of the Ministry of the Holy Spirit for: the dedication of children, ordination of ministries, sending out of ministries (Acts 13:3 -Paul and Barnabas), healing of the sick, baptism in the Holy Spirit, and the reception of spiritual gifts.
We believe that by the laying on of hands, prayer, and prophecy by the Presbytery, spiritual gifts and ministries are imparted or confirmed in Spirit-filled believers (1 Timothy 4:14).
Restoration. We recognize that God is continually restoring further truths to His Church. We, therefore, place no limit on further revelation, however, each one is to be reviewed in the light of God’s Word.
In view of our recognition of the Restoration to the church of the ministries of: Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Evangelists, Teachers, in the Universal Church, we further recognize their ministries within the context of the local church. Travelling ministries will be recognized in our local church when related Biblically to a recognized Apostolic Team or when responsible to a local church.
Kingdom of God. We believe that God has given a mandate to His children to bring the Kingdom of God to lost mankind by the preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom before the Second Coming.